No other association of pilots and aircraft owners represents GA & AW in the same direct and competent manner as AOPA, both at national and international levels. GA/AW is the most important sector of civil aviation and its needs are as diverse as its activities.
General Aviation and Aerial Work encompasses:
- pilot training, basic and advanced
- recreational and sports flying
- private and business travel
- search and rescue services
- agriculture and forestry air service
- transport of goods
- aerial survey and photo flights
- experimental, development and scientific research flights
The ten strong points of AOPA / IAOPA:
- Participation and representation of GA & AW’s interest on a national and an international level, in important organisations such as ICAO, ECAC, Eurocontrol, JAA, European Commission and Parliament etc.
- Fight for free access of GA & AW to airports and against discrimination by taxes and fees.
- Considerable Discounts with Air Crew Card on insurances/legal protection, airline tickets, hotels, car rentals.
- International assistance for pilots in IAOPA members countries.
- Activity Reports and first hand news on General Aviation developments (Internet, UPL-NEWS Magazine).
- Improving Air Safety by AOPA’s Air Safety Seminars.
- Support to pilots in technical, legal and political GA & AW matters.
- Cooperation with flight schools, airport operators and partner organisations across the world.
- Direct data exchange between members/pilots via world wide GA & AW database: FLYMAN.
- Fly-Outs to less known and interesting areas, guided by UPL-AOPA.